While I am working on a “proper” blog, I will share here a list (inspired by a little facebook post going round) of 25 random facts about me.
1) My favorite breed of dog is the whippet.
2) I have a small birthmark under my right eye, which most of my friends and family at one point or other have tried to rub off, thinking it was mascara or dirt.
3) I speak four languages and can do bits of a few others.
4) In middle school, I gave a campaign speech for presidential candidate Gary Hart at an all-school assembly, wearing a Halloween costume of leaves stapled to an orange and green dress.
5) I shook Fidel Castro’s hand.
6) According to the Myers-Briggs Personality Test, I’m an ENFJ.
7) I was a vegetarian for almost a decade.
8) I almost never sleep on airplanes, especially those long-haul night flights across the ocean, where everyone else is passed out, legs sticking out at odd angles, mouths open, making collective creepy sleeping noises, while I alone tiptoe through the aisles like an intruder in a morgue. Or so it seems.
9) I find clowns scary.
10) I can sing the high F in the Queen of the Night Aria from the Magic Flute.
11) So far I’ve performed in 32 countries on 6 continents.
12) My rising sign is Aquarius.
13) I’m a Reiki master.
14) My favorite sport to watch is rugby.
15) My husband and I got married on a private game reserve in South Africa, in a tiny stone chapel whose doorknobs had been nicked by baboons.
16) I sleep on a round mattress.
17) The longest I ever went without eating was 6 days.
18) According to a religion quiz on beliefnet.com, I should be a Unitarian Universalist. Or a Neo-Pagan. Or a Mahayana Buddhist.
19) I haven’t driven a car since 1995.
20) My favorite children’s book is A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.
21) The recording I could listen to every day is Glenn Gould playing Bach’s Goldberg Variations (the earlier recording.)
22) I’m not afraid of spiders and never kill them (on purpose.)
23) My navel was pierced for 2 years, sort of recently.
24) I don’t like pork.
25) When I was 10, I lost a mitten at the beach in Oregon and found it 4 months later buried under the sand.